Download Layer Data¶
Within Exchange, there are two ways to extract data and metadata, download a layer or download a layer’s metadata. This facilitates the flow of geospatial data in (import) and out (export) of Exchange.
- Click the Download Layer button.
- Select the format in which you’d like the data to be downloaded. Exchange currently offers the following formats for use in multiple geospatial platforms:
Select either data or images.
- Save the file to your computer when the Save As dialog box opens.
- Click the Download Metadata button.
- Select the format in which you’d like to download the metadata.
- Save the file to your computer when prompted.
View a layer on the map¶
If a layer has been saved to a map, the names of the map(s) using the layer will be listed.
Click the Create a Map button to open the layer in the map viewer.
You can also simply click the Open in Map Viewer button. The map will open, and the layer will be available in the layers list.