The Simple style allows you to change the symbol size, shape or color representing all of the features in the layer. This type of style format will work with any vector layer.
- Click the title of the layer in the layer list to expand the layer options.
- Click the Style Layer (droplet) button to open the style options.
The style options will open, and default to the Simple format.
- Under Symbol, select from the pull down menus to change shape, size and color of the symbol. You can also select which attribute you’d like the symbol to represent.
- Stroke allows you to change the outline of the shape. Select options to change the line from solid, dashed or dotted. Click the color block to select a new color. The default color for all style options is orange.
- If you would like to turn on an attribute label for your features, simply select the attribute in the pull down menu. You can also select the script, text size and color from the Label section.
- Once you’ve finished making your changes, click the Save Layer Changes (floppy disk) button for them to take effect.
The original layer has red squares representing the features, and none of the attribute labels are on.
Here is the layer after applying a Simple style format. We’ve changed the symbols to purple stars, and have changed the label styling.